Travel Essay
Catch Me I’m Falling in Love!
(My Wonderful Experience at Bohol)
When
I was a child, I never knew what love feels like. Until one day my mom decided
to go to a place where I never knew my heart will adore that much. Fortunately,
that place is also our hometown. I’ve never felt so happy that day. But if you
are asking what place I am talking about, you better keep on reading.
Bohol
is located in the Visayas, the 10th largest island in the Philippines.
I know, I know. that might not get your interest YET. Let me tell you why I
fell in love so hard to this majestic place I couldn’t help myself. I’ll tell
you, Bohol is a lovable place that has so much to offer than your lover! We
mainly came for one reason: it is summer. It was my first time travelling that
far. Even now, I still cannot imagine that I’ve been in a ferry boat. The
calming sound of waves made me feel that I’m coming home. That something is
waiting for me there. As soon as I stepped out, it felt like home.
The
first day went well. Since we just came, we just ate lots of food. And by
that, I mean a LOT. They have this buko juice with a powdered milk, a nilupak na saging saba that is smashed using a heavy wood I do not know what was that called. At
night, we watched an entertainment show at the plaza since they were also
celebrating their fiesta.
The
next day, the adventure began. The first place you think when heard “Bohol” of
course, the greatest pride of the Boholanos, the Chocolate Hills! It is a strange group
of oddly shaped hills, a lot of hills. It’s a wonderful art for me though I
thought at first that they do look like giant boobs. I’m still a kid back then
I do not know how to describe awesome things in an awesome way. But if you are
going to ask as to why it is being called “chocolate” when in fact it is
covered with green grass? As I’ve witnessed, it turns into brownish color at
dry seasons so yes, more like chocolate.
We
also went to a beach near the Spanish-era church. We rode a motorcycle they
call “Habal-habal” since it’s far
from our kubo. That is the best
scenery I have ever seen! Never in my life have I seen such beauty in a glance.
If I could only stare at that place forever, I surely will. Inside the Spanish-era church are
paintings at the ceilings that depicts what the bible says. They also have
their “Miraculous Sto. Niño” that have said to be their savior when tsunami
strike their land. It is placed at the heart of the church and protected by a
bulletproof glass. The beach is also located right in front of the church so after we stroll around, we enjoyed the scenery and the blue water of the beach.
We
also went hiking at this so-called “Blue Heaven’s Gate” and to tell you this,
that is where I have seen the best sunset and as soon as the sun goes down, my
heart fell too. And now let’s talk about those cuddly Tarsiers. Sweetest
creature ever! It looks like a mix of a monkey and a rat. But whatever. It is
easier to fall in love with them and that is the realest thing I have ever felt!
You might want to pick one from the tree and keep it as a pet because this
little furry is such a cute creature.
I
had such a wonderful time in Bohol, driving around all day and enjoying
stunning views of nature. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to see and
experience everything that Bohol has to offer. But I must say, it is been a long
time since I visited that place and I wonder what it looks like as of this
moment.






Mga Komento
Mag-post ng isang Komento